Damp is a nightmare for most homeowners. Not only is it unsightly and inconvenient, there is that deep fear that it is also going to cost a...
Are you looking for trusted, vetted and rated damp proof specialists in your area? Look no further than Trust A Trader.
The terms “rising damp” or “penetrating damp” are enough to send any property owner into a panic. Most of us are likely to go with known damp proofing companies, or simply opt for the most expensive damp proofing contractors, assuming that they will be the best and most reliable.
The first step to addressing any damp issue is to find out what type of damp is affecting your home. Less scrupulous damp proof specialists could provide you with a misdiagnosis and overquote you or work that doesn’t necessarily need to be done. This can lead to you agreeing to works (and costs) that you don’t necessarily need.
With Trust A Trader, you get complete peace of mind. You can rest assured that the damp proof specialist or company that you choose can be trusted, because we do.
Trusted Damp Proofing Specialists
Here is a selection of reliable Damp Proofing located across the United Kingdom. If you're looking for local Damp Proofing near to you, please enter your location into the form field above to refine your search.
Damp Proofing in Swansea, SA7 9NF. Covering Swansea and South West Wales
Are you looking for a damp proofing specialist who works in and around South Wales? Then look no further than QES Exteriors Ltd.Based in Neath,...
Kris is very knowledgable about what he does, he answered all my questions and I trusted the works that he prescribed to cure the damp issues in...
Damp Proofing in London, E10 6JH. Covering all areas of Middlesex, Hertfordshire, East London, West London including Hayes, Northolt, Greenford, Ruislip, Wembley, Harrow, West Drayton, Edgware, Pinner, Watford, Northwood, Bushey, Stanmore, Brent, Southall, Hanwell, Ealing, Acton, Harlesden, Willesden, Hackney, Ilford, Dagenham, Peckham, Essex and all surrounding areas.
QIB Construction is a reliable, punctual and professional business. We are a London based company with over 17 years experience within the...
Ken and his team were excellent throughout. They showed excellent workmanship, tidiness and great price. Strongly recommended.
- Mob: 07882 706 908
Damp Proofing in London, E17 0ZZ. Covering West London & South West London
Are you looking for a damp proofing specialist who works in and around London? Then look no further than Robinson’s servicesBased in Waltham...
After a Damp survey Dennis offered us advice on how to lower damp levels in our flat and advised us that we did not require any work
Damp Proofing in Wilmslow, SK9 5AJ. Covering Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Stockport, Buxton and within a 20 mile radius Please visit our website for further information on how we can help you, you will find the link to the left of this page.
Proud Winner of the 2016 & 2017 PCA (Property Care Association) Outstanding Customer Service and Health & Safety Awards! And now a Fellow Member...
After some years of expensive work on my chimney, which totally failed to solve an increasingly severe damp problem, Adrian diagnosed a salt...
Damp Proofing in Southend-on-Sea. Covering Essex and East London
Are you looking for a damp proofing specialist who works in and around Essex? Then look no further than Romana Limited.Based in Southend-on-Sea,...
Andy came over to inspect damp in my house, some of which had been surveyed by another company who stated I had rising damp so I wanted a second...
Trusted Damp Proofing in the following locations
- Damp Proofing in London
- Damp Proofing in Nottingham
- Damp Proofing in Cambridge
- Damp Proofing in Northampton
- Damp Proofing in Chelmsford
- Damp Proofing in Birmingham
- Damp Proofing in Luton
- Damp Proofing in Manchester
- Damp Proofing in Liverpool
- Damp Proofing in Milton Keynes
- Damp Proofing in Glasgow
- Damp Proofing in Stevenage
- Damp Proofing in Colchester
- Damp Proofing in Southend On Sea
- Damp Proofing in Derby
- Damp Proofing in Essex
- Damp Proofing in Bristol
- Damp Proofing in Leicester
- Damp Proofing in Watford
- Damp Proofing in Peterborough
- Damp Proofing in Bedford
- Damp Proofing in Coventry
- Damp Proofing in Kent
- Damp Proofing in Norwich
- Damp Proofing in Newark On Trent
- Damp Proofing in St Albans
- Damp Proofing in Edinburgh
- Damp Proofing in Sheffield
- Damp Proofing in Stockport
- Damp Proofing in Wolverhampton
- Damp Proofing in Leeds
- Damp Proofing in Romford
- Damp Proofing in Oxford
- Damp Proofing in Aylesbury
- Damp Proofing in Bolton
- Damp Proofing in Harrow
- Damp Proofing in Basildon
- Damp Proofing in Hertfordshire
- Damp Proofing in Lancashire
- Damp Proofing in Hitchin
- Damp Proofing in Dunstable
- Damp Proofing in Scotland
- Damp Proofing in Braintree
- Damp Proofing in Dudley
- Damp Proofing in Hemel Hempstead
- Damp Proofing in Harlow
- Damp Proofing in Ilford
- Damp Proofing in Ipswich
- Damp Proofing in Hackney
- Damp Proofing in Maidstone
- Damp Proofing in Preston
- Damp Proofing in Slough
- Damp Proofing in Falkirk
- Damp Proofing in Bromley
- Damp Proofing in Ashford
- Damp Proofing in Telford
- Damp Proofing in Croydon
- Damp Proofing in Enfield
- Damp Proofing in Warrington
- Damp Proofing in Wigan
- Damp Proofing in Plymouth
- Damp Proofing in Dartford
- Damp Proofing in Chesterfield
- Damp Proofing in Oldham
- Damp Proofing in Worcester
- Damp Proofing in Huntingdon
- Damp Proofing in Derbyshire
- Damp Proofing in Nuneaton
- Damp Proofing in Solihull
- Damp Proofing in Exeter
- Damp Proofing in High Wycombe
- Damp Proofing in Brentwood
- Damp Proofing in Bury St Edmunds
- Damp Proofing in Chester
- Damp Proofing in Southend
- Damp Proofing in Walthamstow
- Damp Proofing in Rayleigh
- Damp Proofing in Barnet
- Damp Proofing in Tiptree
- Damp Proofing in Kettering
- Damp Proofing in Welwyn Garden City
- Damp Proofing in Oxfordshire
- Damp Proofing in Wickford
- Damp Proofing in Kidderminster
- Damp Proofing in Mansfield
- Damp Proofing in Great Barr
- Damp Proofing in Hertford
- Damp Proofing in Swindon
- Damp Proofing in Reading
- Damp Proofing in Billericay
- Damp Proofing in Cheltenham
- Damp Proofing in Rugby
- Damp Proofing in Letchworth Garden City
- Damp Proofing in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Damp Proofing in Chorley
- Damp Proofing in Long Eaton
- Damp Proofing in Bury
- Damp Proofing in Ruislip
- Damp Proofing in Witham
- Damp Proofing in Loughborough
- Damp Proofing in Chichester
- Damp Proofing in Woolwich
- Damp Proofing in Byrness
- Damp Proofing in Fleet
- Damp Proofing in Holmes Chapel
- Damp Proofing in Camberley
- Damp Proofing in Bournemouth
- Damp Proofing in St Neots
- Damp Proofing in Clacton On Sea
- Damp Proofing in Countesthorpe
- Damp Proofing in Dagenham
- Damp Proofing in Erdington
- Damp Proofing in Heacham
- Damp Proofing in Hinckley
- Damp Proofing in Wellingborough
- Damp Proofing in Aughton
- Damp Proofing in York
- Damp Proofing in Basingstoke
- Damp Proofing in Peacehaven
Vetted and Accredited
Finding local traders can be a minefield, particularly if you are unsure of what qualifications and professional affiliations someone in a particular profession should have. When a trader applies to join our directory, they are vetted by us. This means that you can look through a list of local damp proofers in your area and know that they have the insurance, qualifications and affiliations that they are required to have by law in order to undertake the work that they offer. It’s simple: if they aren’t qualified to do a job, they are not invited to join our elite team of trusted traders.
It’s not just what we think that matters; the opinions of former customers and your fellow home owners are important, too. After all, who better to recommend a great damp proof specialist than someone with first-hand experience of their services?
When a trader asks to join us, they must provide us with reviews from former customers (which we check to make sure that they are genuine). Once a trader has been added to our site, we ask anyone with first hand experience of that trader to tell us what they think. Customers give a written review and rate their experience across 6 categories, including cleanliness, punctuality, value and quality. An overall rating of up to five stars lets you see instantly what others think of any of the damp proofing specialists listed with us.
By trusting us and trusting our reviews, you will save time, money and stress. Do you have any first-hand experience with a trader listed in our directory? We value your feedback – please leave a review!
Our average rating for Damp Proofing
5 out of 5.0
"Steve called round to look at the damp in our dining room wall on the 19th November which was within a couple of days of..."
Roger Clarke on 25th January 2021
5 out of 5.0
"We are very impressed with not only the outcome of the work but also the workmen's attitude, professionalism, eagerness..."
Mariko Skorupski on 25th January 2021
5 out of 5.0
"Craig came to put a vent in to stop condensation in the bed room he was very good he put a second vent in the room for..."
Marilyn Whitefoot on 25th January 2021
5 out of 5.0
"Contacted several damp proof specialists after out basement started flooding. We received some very varied quotes and..."
Ben Hudson on 24th January 2021
5 out of 5.0
"found them to be totally trustworthy, extremely reliable, and punctual. top quality work and can only give them 10 out of..."
Wayne Sharpe on 24th January 2021
Other services relating to Damp Proofing
Do you work in this trade? Are you a reliable and trustworthy trader looking to generate more work for your business?Join us today
Information About Damp Proofing Services
The first step to resolving damp issues is to find out what type of damp you have. The main types of damp are: rising damp, penetrating damp, condensation, and (the less common) descending damp.
- Rising damp is the most prevalent type of damp and describes the gradual rising of damp up a wall, from the ground. Due to the upward motion of the damp, rising damp will only usually reach a height of about 1.5 metres. If you have a damp lower wall and a tide-mark like line on the wall, it is likely that you have rising damp. This can be treated by a specialist; there are a range of technologies available, depending on the severity of the damp, and your budget.
- Penetrating damp seeps through the walls of a building and is usually the result of an overflowing gutter or faulty rendering. Some houses will always have a “mystery” patch of penetrating damp, and south-westerly facing walls are particularly susceptible to it. If you have clear damp patches on an exterior wall, wallpaper keeps peeling off, or you can see salt deposits on the wall, you could have penetrating damp. The cause of penetrating damp can usually be identified and fixed; permanent damage will also need to be resolved to prevent further deterioration.
- Descending damp is, as its name suggests, damp that comes from top of the house; loose tiles, broken flashing on the roof, or blocked gullies. As with penetrating damp, descending damp is usually relatively easy to fix. However, if left, both penetrating and descending damp could lead to serious structural complications.
- Finally, condensation has a range of causes, including bathrooms and showers, and contrasting temperatures causing water particles in the air to turn into liquid. Double glazing can cause condensation as it creates a solid seal to the house, which means that moisture can’t escape. Good ventilation (open windows or doors while cooking/showering) and the use of domestic dehumidifiers can help to prevent condensation from causing serious problems. Condensation can lead to mould and structural damage, so it is important to get it under control; a damp specialist will be able to advise you on the best course of action.
Help & advice for Damp Proofing
Whether you are a keen DIY enthusiast, you have bought your first home, or you have invested in a project, we have a host of blogs that may be useful to you. Take a look at some of our recent blog posts – or search our site for useful home improvement and DIY tips and ideas.
It’s that time of year when the heating goes on and the windows are closed. It is also possibly that time of year where you notice the odd...
Qualifications for Damp Proofing
All our traders are vetted before they become a member. Many of our traders have certain qualifications/associations to help meet our high standards. Here are some these in relation to Damp Proofing.
As well as making sure that the traders listed in our directory have the relevant qualifications and insurance, we encourage them to continue to strive for the highest standards. Therefore, we recommend that our traders maintain professional partnerships with appropriate industry-specific organisations. This helps them to keep abreast of the latest, cutting-edge technology, as well as legal requirements within their industry. It also means that their insurance and warrantees remain valid.
To find out if a trader is a member of a professional body or has won any awards, just look for the logos on each their individual profile.
Trade Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Damp Proof Specialists
Damp proofing is a serious business. From diagnosis to treatment, failure to do the job to a high standard could put a customer’s property and health at risk. At Trust A Trader, we know it can be tough for traders to stay ahead of changes in legal requirements. TrustATrader Insurance will get you covered, so that no matter what happens, your livelihood and property are not at risk. If you are a damp proof specialist and you want to find out more about our competitively priced insurance services, get in touch.
Get a quote with TrustATrader Insurance, the UK's No.1 for insuranceGet a quote