Safe Trader Scheme - Lancashire County Council
To join the Scheme businesses are asked to:
• Demonstrate their commitment to fair and honest trade by agreeing to abide
by a Code of Practice.
• Provide 3 references from previous customers (owners/occupiers not in
• Have a minimum of £2 million public liability
insurance and employers liability insurance
Members of the scheme may use the scheme hallmark in their publicity, on their
business paperwork or on their vehicles.
As part of our application process checks will be made on the applicant's previous
history in relation to (but not limited to) the following:
• Membership of any claimed trade associations or professional bodies
• Trading Standards Services' own enquiry databases
• Consumer Credit License (where applicable)