Christmas is traditionally a time to spend with friends and family and, all being well, this is something that we will be able to do despite the challenging times. However, for some people, every day brings fresh challenges – every day with their child is a blessing. This Christmas, we want to make a real difference and so we are urging our tradespeople and customers to make a donation to the Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity.
It is hard to imagine the pain of a parent seeing their child battling life-threatening illnesses, or the loneliness and confusion of a child who just wants to be home for Christmas. Great Ormond Street Hospital is a truly magical place – a place where, despite the fear and challenges that the children, families, and staff face every day, they never forget how to smile, have fun and support each other.
The Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity supports the activities of the hospital in four ways:
- Rebuilding and refurbishment to ensure that children, parents, and employees have the best possible conditions to help them face what lies ahead.
- Support for families and children – helping them to cope with their situation, share their journey with others and giving them a safe space to talk about how they are feeling.
- Research into health – new breakthroughs are happening all the time, and by contributing to research, Great Ormond Street Hospital can ensure that their patients have the best possible care.
- Life-saving medical equipment – the staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital are heroes, but they need a little help! The latest equipment helps them to ensure every child has what they need, when they need it.
WE NEED YOU!
You can help us to change lives, to ease pain and suffering and give parents and children precious days, months – years together. We don’t know about you, but we think that knocks the socks off, well, a pair of socks or a selection box!
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Please make a donation to Great Ormond Street Hospital. Every penny you donate will transform lives and help bring a smile to the faces of a family.
You can’t give your tradesperson a cuppa and a biscuit, so why not make a donation to Great Ormond Street Hospital on their behalf instead?
You can make a donation in one of two ways:
- Pass your donation to your trader and ask them to add it to their donation amount.
- Visit our JustGiving page and donate online!
We are always so proud of our community of traders and customers, who always come together to help others. Thank you from the people who need it most this Christmas - we hope that you enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling you get from the knowledge that you have helped to change a life.
All the best, and Merry Christmas!